01 Feb How to Have a Safe, Fun, and Romantic V-day With Your Fur Baby
What Better way than to spend your Valentine’s day with the one you really love! Sorry babe/spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend! We want to ensure that you have the best and most safe day with your love. Listed in our safety tips are items that are most common in the presence of dogs during this special day, since we know our fur babies can be mischievous and that they love to explore. Once you’re done with exchanging gifts, take your fluff ball out on a date. Following the safety tips you’ll find 4 ideas of dates for you and your pup to enjoy together.
Important Valentines Day Safety Tips:
- Chocolate : The number one danger for pets on Valentine’s Day is chocolate since it’s so readily available. Depending on the amount ingested, chocolate is potentially poisonous to many animals. A good rule of thumb to remember is the less sweet the chocolate, the more toxic it could be. Even in small, non-toxic doses, chocolate can still cause stomach upset, diarrhea, vomiting, hyperactivity, dehydration and seizures.
- Candy and Gum: Many sugar-free candy, gum and baked products today contain xylitol. Xylitol is a sweetener found in plants that is used as a sugar substitute and is highly toxic to dogs. If you suspect that your pet has ingested any amount of xylitol, call your veterinarian immediately or induce vomiting.
- Plants and Flowers: Many different varieties of flowers and plants are poisonous or harmful to pets. Different plants and flowers have varied effects. There are many flowers and plants that can cause upset and even death to your pet, so please be aware to keep all varieties of flora and fauna away from them. The link attached lists 23 common flowers that are poisonous for your pet. https://www.entirelypets.com/toxicplants.html
- Wine: Alcohol and pets don’t mix. Period. Don’t leave any unfinished glasses sitting on counters or tables. Although, you can find two pawsome doggie beverage products at the “Pet Winery” online! They offer a super fun dog wine called “FetchMe Noir” (https://www.petwinery.com/products/5oz-fetchme-noir?view=quick) or a “Dög Pawrignon” Rose (https://www.petwinery.com/products/dog-champagne-12-oz-dog-pawrignon-rose-edition?view=quick).
4 Bark Worthy Valentine’s Day Dates:
- Share a Special Treat with your Friend! From breakfast in bed with your Basset to a candlelit dinner with your Cavalier King Charles, there are plenty of ways you and Fido can share a healthy – and dare we say, romantic – meal this Valentine’s Day. So turn on those smooth tunes (how about some relaxing dog music?), grab your plate – or bowl, and gaze into each other’s eyes until somebody gives in and licks your nose! We highly recommend visiting the Shake Shack (there’s one located in Boca Raton *closest to our facility* at 1400 Glades Rd.) and order your furry date a Pooch-ini! The dog made dessert contains dog biscuits, peanut butter sauce and vanilla custard- YUM!
- Take your Trusty Pup out on the Town! There are oodles of places to take your Doodles (and any other dogs, for that matter!) for an unforgettable Valentine’s Day. You can take your pup to a cozy restaurant patio (weather permitting!) or take a leisurely stroll around his favorite park or hiking spot. The link included has fun activities to do with your dog in palm beach county! https://www.thepalmbeaches.com/pet-friendly-things-do. One of our favorite spots to grab a bite and a drink with our furry friends is the infamous “Bar Louie” (the closest one to our facility is located at 1500 Gateway Blvd, Ste 100 in Boynton Beach). Feel free to order your fur baby their burger sliders, they’re irresistible!
- Make V-Day a Spa Day! There’s nothing like a little R&R to make Valentine’s Day with your extra special doggo. Plus, you’ll want your dog smelling their best for the endless cuddles this Valentine’s Day will surely bring about. So, pamper your pup with a sudsy scrub in the tub using your pick of luxurious pet shampoo bars, and you do whatever it is that makes you feel indulged! A face mask? A PAWdicure? Exfoliating those active elbows? You do you! When our facility is open, we will offer lavish grooming services to pamper and cater to your fido!
- Stay in and Cuddle Your Dog All Valentine’s Day! Yes, #TheSnuggleIsReal. This one is kind of a given, since cuddling with dogs is, of course, the epitome of true love. This V-Day, why not binge-watch Netflix with your best friend on four legs? You could get gushy and watch a rom-com, or stick to some doggone good classics like The Fox & The Hound, Homeward Bound, or Air Bud. Whether you watch your pup’s favorite films or your own, the only important thing is that you’re together! During holidays, our facility will host festive parties and events. We will also offer mushy romantic movies to the dogs boarding with us the next Valentine’s day, get ready fureddy!
Foodbeast.com. (2019). These Major Restaurants Have Secret Menus For Dogs. [online] Available at: https://www.foodbeast.com/news/secret-doggie-menus/ [Accessed 29 Jan. 2019].
“Four PAWfect Valentine’s Day Dates with Your Dog « Wondercide Blog.” Wondercide Blog, 10 Feb. 2017, blog.wondercide.com/dog-valentines-day/.
“Valentine’s Day Safety | Blog.” Animal League, 15 Feb. 2018, www.animalleague.org/blog/tips/pet-health-and-wellness/valentines-day-safety/.
Author: Paige Lukosavich
Last updated: January 11, 2019
The information contained on www.dogactivityworld.com website (the “Service”) is for general information purposes only.
Dog Activity World assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents on the Service.
In no event shall Dog Activity World be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tort, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Service or the contents of the Service. Dog Activity World reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modification to the contents on the Service at any time without prior notice. This Disclaimer for Dog Activity World is based on the TermsFeed’s Disclaimer Template
Dog Activity World does not warrant that the website is free of viruses or other harmful components.
External links disclaimer
www.dogactivityworld.com website may contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with Dog Activity World
Please note that the Dog Activity World does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites.